Club Champs Promoter Conditions
Lowestoft & Oulton Broad Swimming Club
(Affiliated to ASA East Region and Suffolk British Swimming)
LOBSC Club Champs 2018 – Level 4
Licence Numbers 4ER182444 | 4ER182445 | 4ER182446 | 4ER182447
(Held under ASA Laws and Regulations, ASA Technical Rules of Swimming and to the ASA Open Meet Licensing Criteria)
12th, 20th – 21st, 26th October and 11th November 2018 – Waterlane Leisure Centre, Lowestoft, NR32 2NH
Meet Rules and Information
- The competition is a Level 4 Licensed meet to be held at Waterlane Leisure Centre, on, 12th, 20th – 21st, 26th October and 11th November 2018 under ASA Laws and Regulations, ASA Technical Rules of Racing and to the ASA Licensing Criteria.
- The competition is only open to members of Lowestoft and Oulton Broad Swimming Club.
- The pool length is 25 metres, 6 lanes with anti-wave ropes and Omega electronic timing. The depth of the pool is 3.2m at the deep end, 1.0m at the shallow end.
- The meet promoter will be Corrina Glennerster on behalf of Lowestoft & Oulton Broad SC, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unless agreed or arranged in advance with the promoter entries must be received by midnight on Friday 5th October 2018
- Entry Fees £10 per swimmer for unlimited event entries
- Swimmers in possession of a ASA Certificate of Swimming Disability or whose ASA membership record details a disability sport class (S1-S15) are welcome to enter the competition. Personal care attendants are permitted for swimmers who require them.
- The promoter retains the right to accept entries on a first come first served basis. If the number of entries is high the promoter reserves the right to limit entries by closing entry early to enable the gala to meet licensing requirements. Partial entries and entries received after the closing date may not be accepted.
- No ‘on the day’ entries will be accepted unless the swimmer is on the waiting list and a formal withdrawal has been made.
- There will be no refunds of entry fees unless the entries are rejected by the organisers.
AGE GROUPS AND EVENTS
- Competitors’ ages shall be as at 31st December 2018
- The competition will include 50m, 100m, 200m in all strokes, 400m, 800m, 1500m Freestyle and 100m, 200m and 400m Individual Medley these are open to all ages, with the exception of 800m and 1500m which is open to competitors aged 10 & over.
- The age groups are as follows:
|50m and 100m IM||9 & Under, 10, 11-12, 13-14, 15 & over|
|100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m||11 & Under, 12-14, 15 & over|
- Warm up protocol: No diving during warm-up sessions, except in the designated sprint lanes, odd lanes will swim clockwise (1, 3, 5) even lanes (2, 4, 6) will swim counter clockwise. Swimmers using sprint lines must swim 15 metres before slowing up. All swimmers must leave the water by the side of the pool and not over the timing pads.
- Competitors must report to the marshalling area in a timely manner, normally 1 event prior to their own, where they will be placed in start order. Any swimmer not reporting may be deemed to have withdrawn from that event. It is the swimmer’s duty to check the start lists and report in a timely manner. Swimmers unable to compete must be withdrawn.
- Heats will be swum as mixed age and be seeded on submitted times and spearheaded.
- All 50m and 100m IM events will have heats and finals, finalists will be the fastest six swimmers from the heats for each age group.
- Lists of finalists and two reserves will be announced and posted as soon as they are available. Finalists not checking in ready for the final will be excluded and reserves will be allocated a place.
- The 100m (except IM), 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m events will be decided on a heat declared winner basis.
- The first 3 swimmers in each age group for each event will receive awards, which will be presented at the LOBSC annual presentation evening.
- Any competitor who is disqualified will not be eligible to receive an award.
- Results will be posted to the club website (www.lobsc.org.uk) and will be supplied to ASA for entry into the national ranking database.
- The promoters do not accept responsibility for any property. Please bring kit bags poolside.
- LOBSC uses a computer to manage entries and results. By submitting and accepting entries to the meet consent is hereby given, as required by the Data Protection Act 1998, to the holding of personal information on computer. Personal data handled such as name, age, recorded and entered times may be made public during or after the meet.
- All persons wishing to use photographic equipment – including phones with photographic capacity – who wish to take photographic or video images are requested, in accordance with the ASA Child Safeguarding Policies and Procedures, to focus on their own child as much as reasonably possible and avoid including other children in those images, particularly if those images are being shared with family and friends through social media platforms. Should you have any concerns about photography or filming at this event then please bring them to the attention of the pool staff or LOBSC volunteers. The rules on photography apply to swimmers, coaches, team managers, officials and volunteers as well as spectators, and to the use of mobile phones, tablets or other image-capturing electronic devices as well as cameras. Note that any photography in the changing rooms is absolutely forbidden by both the club and the swimming pool management.
- Please help to maintain a high standard of health and safety by not blocking stairways, emergency exits and walkways with bags. Report issues immediately to a member of pool staff or to the Meet Promoter.
- Any matter not covered by these conditions will be determined by the Promoter and Referee, subject to ASA Laws, Regulations and the ASA Technical Rules of Racing.