Club Champs Promoter Conditions
Lowestoft and Oulton Broad Swimming Club (LOBSC)
(Affiliated to Swim England East Region and Suffolk County)
LOBSC Club Champs 2019 – Level 4
(Held under Swim England Laws and Regulations, Swim England Technical Rules of Racing and to the Swim England Open Meet Licensing Criteria)
Events to be held on 21st and 22nd of September and 5th and 6th of October 2019 at Waterlane
Leisure Centre, Lowestoft, NR32 2NH
Meet Rules and Information
1. This competition is a Level 4 licensed meet, held under Swim England Laws, Swim England Technical Rules
of Swimming and these conditions:
2. The competition is open to members of LOBSC and Beccles Kingfishers.
3. The promoter is Kim Turner on behalf of Lowestoft and Oulton Broad Swimming Club, email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Closing date for entries will be 16th September 2019.
5. The first 3 LOBSC swimmers in each age group for each event will receive awards, which will be presented at the LOBSC annual presentation evening. Beccles swimmers will be awarded at their annual presentation evening.
6. The competition will include 50m, 100m, 200m in all strokes, 400m, 800m, 1500m Freestyle and 100m, 200m and 400m Individual Medley these are open to all ages, with the exception of 800m and 1500m which is open to competitors aged 10 & over.
7. The age groups are as follows:
|Events||Age groups for Results|
|50m and 100m IM||9 & Under, 10, 11-12, 13-14, 15 & over|
|100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m||11 & Under, 12-14, 15 & over|
9. All 50m events and 100IM will have heats and finals, finalists will be the fastest six swimmers from the heats for each age group.
10. Lists of finalists and two reserves will be announced and posted as soon as they are available. Finalists not checking in ready for the final will be excluded and reserves will be allocated a place.
11. The 100m (excluding IM), 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m events will be decided on a heat declared winner basis.
12. Any competitor who is disqualified will not be eligible to receive an award.
13. The pool length is 25 metres, 6 lanes with anti-wave ropes and Omega electronic timing. The depth of the pool is 3.2m at the deep end, 1.0m at the shallow end. A secondary strobe for the starting system is not available.
14. Heats will be swam as mixed age with swimmers seeded by entry times.
15. Over the top starts may be used at the referee’s discretion.
16. LOBSC swimmers are expected to enter all events, even if they have a time that qualifies them for entry to the Suffolk County Championships. Visiting swimmers, may swim the events they choose.
17. The cost for each swimmer for club champs is £10 regardless of number of entries. Visiting swimmers will pay £10 too.
18. LOBSC swimmers will enter using the on-line form which will be found on club website.
19. Individual entries from visiting swimmers shall be made on the official entry forms and will be subject to an additional £5 administration charge per swimmer. This charge will be waived if the swimmer is entered using the Hy-Tek TM electronic entry file.
20. Where there are 3 or more competitors entered by a Club, entries MUST be submitted electronically with a summary form and Hy-Tek TM Entry File and Entry Report with either 1 cheque payable to LOBSC or payment by BACS. If you wish to pay by BACS please email email@example.com for further details. Entry file, summary form and payment must be received by midday on 16th September 2019.
21. Accepted entries will be published on lobsc.org.uk approximately 1 week prior to the competition and emailed to all clubs entering via Hy-Tek. It is the competing club/swimmer’s responsibility to check this list for accuracy and advise immediately of any mistakes or changes that are required. Club contacts will be notified of rejections where/if appropriate.
22. There will be no refunds of entry fees.
23. Coach passes can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
24. Results will be posted on LOBSC club website and will be supplied to British Swimming for entry into the national ranking database and to visiting clubs.
25. Warm up protocol: No diving during warm-up sessions, except in the designated sprint lanes, odd lanes will swim clockwise (1, 3, 5) even lanes (2, 4, 6) will swim counter clockwise. Swimmers using sprint lines must swim 15 metres before slowing up. All swimmers must leave the water by the side of the pool and not over the timing pads. Coaches are asked to manage the lanes their swimmers are using during the warm up sessions.
26. Swimmers withdrawing from events: Each Club should have their own record of swimmers entered. Swimmers unable to compete must be withdrawn. The timing desk should be notified of withdrawals 30 mins before each session.
27. Competitors must report to the marshalling area in a timely manner, normally 1 event prior to their own, where they will be placed in start order. Any swimmer not reporting may be deemed to have withdrawn from that event. It is the club/swimmer duty to check the start lists and report in a timely manner.
28. The promoters do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage occurring during this meet. Lockers are available in the changing rooms and should be used for the safekeeping of all belongings. Items have gone missing in the past so please look after your belongings. Please minimise the number of kit bags brought poolside.
29. The Data Protection Act 2018 requires us to provide you with certain information and to obtain your consent before processing data about you. Processing includes: obtaining, recording, holding, disclosing, destruction or retaining information. We require certain personal data for the purposes of making entries into the competition, managing the meet and the submission of results to Rankings. The information provided by you will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. Consent to process such personal data is deemed to have been given by the submission of the entry. Where the personal data of competitors, officials and coaches/team managers, has been passed to us by a third party such as a club rather than by the individuals themselves, we rely on the third party to ensure that consent has been obtained.
30. Personal data handled such as name, club, recorded and entered times may be made public during or after the meet.
31. All persons wishing to use photographic equipment – including phones with photographic capacity – who wish to take photographic or video images are requested, in accordance with the Swim England Child Safeguarding Policies and Procedures, to focus on their own child as much as reasonably possible and avoid including other children in those images, particularly if those images are being shared with family and friends through social media platforms. Should you have any concerns about photography or filming at this event then please bring them to the attention of the pool staff or LOBSC volunteers. The rules on photography apply to swimmers, coaches, team managers, officials and volunteers as well as spectators, and to the use of mobile phones, tablets or other image-capturing electronic devices as well as cameras. Note that any photography in the changing rooms is absolutely forbidden by both the club and the swimming pool management, and anyone doing so will be asked to leave and will not be given a refund.
32. Please help to maintain a high standard of health and safety by not blocking stairways, emergency exits and walkways with bags. Report issues immediately to a member of pool staff or to the Meet Promoter.
33. Each visiting club will be required to have a Chaperone present with their team at all times, to supervise those swimmers who are waiting to swim and to ensure those that are, are at the assembly point at the current time.
34. Spectators from LOBSC will be charged an admission fee of £3 for adults £1 for children under 12, on the Saturday evening sessions only as the other sessions are during training sessions. Spectators from other clubs will be charged £3 for each session.
35. Any matter not covered by these conditions will be determined by the Promoter and Referee, subject to Swim England Laws, Regulations and the Swim England Technical Rules of Racing.