LOBSC Midsummer Meet Promoter Conditions
LOBSC Midsummer Meet 2018
Level 3 License No. 3ER181223
(Held under ASA Laws and Regulations, ASA Technical Rules of Racing and to the ASA Open Meet Licensing Criteria)
23rd and 24th June 2018 – Waterlane Leisure Centre, Lowestoft, NR32 2NH
Meet Rules and Information
- The event will be held at Waterlane Leisure Centre, on 23rd and 24th June 2018, under ASA Laws and Regulations, ASA Technical Rules of Racing and to the ASA Open Meet Licensing Criteria.
- Entries may only be accepted from Category 2 ASA, SASA or WASA members; or competitors from one of the countries affiliated to FINA.
- The pool length is 25 metres, 6 lanes with anti-wave ropes and Omega electronic timing. The depth of the pool is 3.2m at the deep end, 1.0m at the shallow end.
- The meet promoter on behalf of Lowestoft & Oulton Broad SC is Corrina Glennerster, 66 Kirkley Park Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk NR33 0LG email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date for full entry submission is 7pm on 3rd June 2018 (or earlier if over-subscribed).
- Entry Fees £4.00 per event except 800/1500m which will be £7.00
- Individual entries from visiting swimmers shall be made on the official entry forms and will be subject to an additional £5 administration charge per swimmer. This charge will be waived if the swimmer is entered using the Hy-Tek TM electronic entry file.
- Where there are 3 or more competitors entered by a Club, entries MUST be submitted electronically with a summary form and Hy-Tek TM Entry File and Entry Report with either 1 cheque payable to LOBSC or payment by BACS. If you wish to pay by BACS please email email@example.com for further details. Entry file, summary form and payment must be received by 7pm on 3rd June 2018.
- Swimmers in possession of an ASA Certificate of Swimming Disability or whose ASA membership record details a disability sport class (S1-S15) are welcome to enter the competition. Personal care attendants are permitted for swimmers who require them without the need to pay for an additional Poolside Pass.
- The promoter retains the right to accept entries on a first come first served basis. If the number of entries meeting the entry criteria is high the promoter reserves the right to limit entries by closing entry early to enable the gala to meet licensing requirements. Entries received will be acknowledged by email, but must be made in full (i.e. electronic entry file, payment, club summary form, entry summary report). Partial entries and entries received after the closing date may not be accepted.
- Accepted entries will be published on lobsc.org.uk approximately 2 weeks prior to the competition and emailed to all clubs entering via Hy-Tek. It is the competing club/swimmer’s responsibility to check this list for accuracy and advise immediately of any mistakes or changes that are required. Club contacts will be notified of rejections where/if appropriate. No ‘on the day’ entries will be accepted unless the swimmer is on the waiting list and a formal withdrawal has been made.
- There will be no refunds of entry fees unless the entries are rejected by the organisers.
- Coach Passes should be ordered on the relevant forms, enclosed with the club entry pack. Passes are £10.00 (no food); £20 (with food). Coaches’ passes will not be sold on the day – no pass, no admission to poolside.
- All entries must be slower than the cut off times listed. Swimmers wishing to enter who are faster than the cut off times may be permitted after the closing date if the meet is not already full, but will be listed as “exhibition swims” and will not be eligible for medals.
- The meet promoter may check entries against the British Rankings where it is felt that a swimmer may be submitting a slower time in order to gain entry to this meet. Falsely entered times will be rejected without a refund.
- Competitors’ ages shall be as at 24th June 2018.
- The age groups are 10 years & under, 11 & 12 years, 13 & 14 years and 15 years & over
- Warm up protocol: No diving during warm-up sessions, except in the designated sprint lanes, odd lanes will swim clockwise (1, 3, 5) even lanes (2, 4, 6) will swim counter clockwise. Swimmers using sprint lines must swim 15 metres before slowing up. All swimmers must leave the water by the side of the pool and not over the timing pads. Coaches are asked to manage the lanes their swimmers are using during the warm up sessions.
- Swimmers withdrawing from events: Each Club should have their own record of swimmers entered. Swimmers unable to compete must be withdrawn. Withdrawal forms will be available from the timing desk – with a £1 penalty for failure to notify 30 minutes prior to the start of the first event in each session.
- Competitors must report to the marshalling area in a timely manner, normally 1 event prior to their own, where they will be placed in start order. Any swimmer not reporting may be deemed to have withdrawn from that event. It is the club/swimmer duty to check the start lists and report in a timely manner.
- Heats will be seeded on submitted times and spearheaded. All events are timed finals, and the first 3 swimmers in each age group will receive awards. Swimmers who entered as exhibition swimmers will not be eligible for medals but may be awarded speeding tickets if they swim faster than the QT on the day. A competitor who has been disqualified will not receive an award.
- The promoters do not accept responsibility for any property. Lockers are available in the changing rooms and should be used for the safe keeping of all belongings. Items have gone missing in the past so please look after your belongings. Please minimise the number of kit bags brought poolside.
- LOBSC uses a computer to manage entries and results. By submitting and accepting entries to the meet consent is hereby given, as required by the Data Protection Act 1998, to the holding of personal information on computer. Personal data handled such as name, club, recorded and entered times may be made public during or after the meet.
- All persons wishing to use photographic equipment – including phones with photographic capacity – who wish to take photographic or video images are requested, in accordance with the ASA Child Safeguarding Policies and Procedures, to focus on their own child as much as reasonably possible and avoid including other children in those images, particularly if those images are being shared with family and friends through social media platforms. Should you have any concerns about photography or filming at this event then please bring them to the attention of the pool staff or LOBSC volunteers. The rules on photography apply to swimmers, coaches, team managers, officials and volunteers as well as spectators, and to the use of mobile phones, tablets or other image-capturing electronic devices as well as cameras. Note that any photography in the changing rooms is absolutely forbidden by both the club and the swimming pool management.
- Please help to maintain a high standard of health and safety by not blocking stairways, emergency exits and walkways with bags. Report issues immediately to a member of pool staff or to the Meet Promoter.
- Spectators will be charged an admission fee on the day as follows: £4.00 per session or £7.00 per day. Meet Programmes will be available at £5.00.
- Any matter not covered by these conditions will be determined by the Promoter and Referee, subject to ASA Laws, Regulations and the ASA Technical Rules of Racing.